Top Ten Ways to be your own Valentine.
- Be Kind to yourself– and your stomach by cooking a delicious, healthy meal. Follow it up by nourishing your soul with a cup of hot tea.
- Give yourself flowers. Arrange yourself a beautiful bouquet or brighten up your space with a flowering plant. Hint: Housepalnts can improve indoor air quality.
- Treat yourself to a message. No need to spend a lot of money. Warm up coconut oil or sessame oil for a simple yet soothing self-message.
- Sink yourself into a tub and wash away your worries. Epsom salts combined with a lavendar scent can relieve sore muscles after exercise and help you relax with aromatherapy!
- Pamper yourself by soaking your feet and giving yourself a pedicure. Skip the polish if you prefer, but do consider how far your have taken you.
- Dress up! looking good helps to make you feel good, so put on your fave outfit and an extra boost of self confidence.
- Head to a restorative Yoga class. or just practice some simple yoga moves at home, tune into your breath and relax.
- Allow yourself to rest more fully with a nap. Especially if you didn’t sleep well the prior night. then Wake up refreshed.
- Begin a Self care program such as one listed on Psychology today web page.
- Love your self first. Reflect on your strengths, and pause in gratitude for these gifts. Then think about how you can share them with others.